1.24.2011

Road Trip!


Hello all! I know it's been too long, but I just got back from an amazing road trip to L.A. and San Diego. It was a professional development outing with my department at the Aquarium and we were lucky enough to visit some spectacular places that are also doing wonderful things in education! The pictures above are not mine (I try but I just can't take decent photos), and they are only a small sample of the sights we saw and enjoyed. The Getty Museum on the upper left corner was stunning, not only the artowrk inside the museum (I gawked at the Degas for a good while) but also the Museum's architecture itself is just gorgeous. The bottom left corner is from Pacific Beah in San Diego, if you're ever in that neck of the woods I recommend staying at the Tower 23 hotel-- I felt uber trendy the moment I  got there! And finally on the right is the Santa Monica Pier. We didn't get to ride the ferris wheel, but it was a great sight. Altogether, it was a great trip and I'm looking forward to going back and maybe camping on the beach in Malibu and soaking up the SoCal sun.

Images via flickr: Getty; Pacific Beach; Santa Monica

No comments: